Next up is our 1997 BMW 740i(~180k mi). It was retired from DD status last February. In the last 3-4 years we have done transmission service (reman torque convertor included), tires, brakes, BMW coolant system R&R (radiator included), PCV intake plate, monroe shocks and struts, plugs, coil packs, battery, replaced passenger door handle, and lower oil pan gasket.
Known issues . . .
- Mysterious vacuum leak that comes and goes. This leave the DISA in short runner mode
- Bendix on the starter is sticky
- Ripped driver seat pad
- Ugly tint job
- Never tested the operation of the sunroof
- Missing some trim pieces and headliner is ratty
- Paint issues
No longer for sale . . . because Mrs. Zero said so.
Parts included with each:
- M42B18 engine and all parts and gasket to refresh - head and short block are separated
- Guibo, center bearing, and exhaust hangers
- 3.45 LSD
- JY starter
- Plus all other parts I can't remember
I'm sure I'm forgetting something . . . I'll have to throw a battery in and verify the mileage.
The price is $1800