Luckily, around 6pmish a summer thunderstorm came through and dropped the temp all way down to low 80s. So I got to work . . .
Spark plugs installed . . . It's going to suck changing this later
Installed PS Pump to check the reservoir height and cut hose to length
Finalized PS high and low pressure hoses
Wired up the IAC
Driver side of the oil pan - Just enough clearance from the steering rack
Passenger side of the oil pan - Need to space it up with a washer or two
Trans mount needed some attention
Attention was given
Mocked up the External Slave Cylinder. Will need to build something to protect that hose . . . or get a 90° fitting
Finish wiring on the Alternator and Fuel Pump Relay
I laid the wiring harness and finish terminating stuff . . . I can eliminate VSS and Neutral wiring as the T-5 I have doesn't have those. I ran out of ring terminators to build some ground cables and finish other miscellaneous connections. I also couldn't find the E36 fuel filter I had stashed years ago . . . crap!!
I left the garage at 4 AM . . .
Tomorrow, I'll head back the parts store for some ring terminators, fuel filter and a hex socket that will fit this oil relocation kit. I plan to do a systems check to make sure all the circuits and relays work before I do the final wiring wrap. Also planning to wrap the driver side header . . . oh itchy fun!!
- Main harness
- Temp gauge
Reverse lights Alternator Starter
- Fan switch
Neutral switch wiring
- EGR jedi mind trickery
- Make some brackets and block off plates
PS reservoir ABS pump
- Overflow tank
EGR port block off plate
- Run some hoses and lines
- Coolant hoses
Heater core bypass for now
- Vacuum lines
- Fuel pressure regulator
- Wrap the driver side header
Paint the engine mounts Install engine and transmission
- Install driveshaft
- Run the exhaust
- Mount the radiator
- Install suspension
- Fill the engine and trans with fluids
- Prime the engine
- Add Gas
- Add Battery
- Turn the key!!!